Consumer Identities and Social Change Symposium
Submission Deadline: January 10, 2019
The Institute for International Communication at St. John’s University is now accepting submissions for paper presentations at an upcoming one-day symposium, Consumer Identities and Social Change.
We seek transdisciplinary interpretations and critical analyses of consumer identity, broadly defined, across various cultural and media landscapes that address some aspect of social change. This symposium follows the 2017 installment, Consumer Identities and Digital Culture.
POTENTIAL TOPICS (including but not limited to):
- Activism and consumption
- Consumer identity and global issues
- Corporate social responsibility and popular culture
- Cultural marketing and consumer relationships
- Environmental responsibility, greenwashing and branding
- Grassroots media
- Historical changes in consumer culture
- The political economy of consumption
We welcome scholarly submissions that address audience, industry, and critical/cultural perspectives and are particularly interested in the intersections thereof.